Gestational diabetes snacks on the go from a gas station! No prep, no planning and most of these are protein snacks!
Some of the links on this page are affiliate links of which I’ll earn a small commission should you choose to purchase, but at no additional cost to you.
Quick note: I made a personal post about my story and this site. Clickto read it. I need a few things from you so please visit when you’re done here.
Gestational diabetes snacks on the go; is it even possible? Absolutely!
Sometimes you’re on the run and don’t have the time or energy to even think about what you’re allowed to eat, or where to get it; am I right? This was me almost everyday. There’s so much to factor into the moment:
- I have the kids: I don’t want to run into the store
- I need something quick and easy
- It’s just to hold me over
- I don’t want to cheat
- I should just cheat since I don’t know what to do
So I went to a gas station to see what fitting gestational diabetes snacks they had to offer. I discovered more than I anticipated, and most of them are protein snacks! Win!
What I Found for Gestational Diabetes Snacks on the Go
- Beef Jerky
- Pork Rinds (get a bean or cheese dip – 2T per serving)
- Kind Bars (Not all are suitable for a snack so be sure to check the carbs. Some are labeled low glycemic, but even some that aren’t are still OK for snacks.)
- Cheese stick wrapped in pepperoni
- Chocolate covered nuts
It was a small gas station, so I’d know for sure there are options everywhere. Certainly there’d be more snack options at larger stations, like
- Egg Salad or Chicken Salad Sandwiches (remove 1 or both slices of bread)
- Microwavable Meals
- Protein Packs
- Protein Bars
- and more!
Everything I found is close to 15g of carbs and a decent portion size. If you just need something to satisfy your taste buds and are willing to take a small portion size, good options are a
- Almond Joy (dark chocolate even better)
- Hershey’s bar with almonds
- Trail Mix
- Dark Chocolate
If you want more snack options and a 4-week meal plan with complete nutrition, prep tips and more, check out The Gestational Diabetes Cookbook and Meal Plan!
It has 90 recipes and a 4-week-long meal plan with prep tips and everything you need to make life a little easier!
Other Snack Suggestions
- Take a look at Beautiful Food’s post.
- Quick snack recipes
- Fast Food Series