A wholesome Keto Breakfast Pizza recipe made for the gestational diabetes diet with only 12 total carbs per serving! 5 ingredients and ready in 25 minutes! Also glutenfree, grainfree, sugarfree and vegetarian.
The external links on this page are affiliates and are no additional cost to you should you choose to purchase.
Why Keto Breakfast Pizza?
I’m trying my best to bring you new breakfast ideas outside of eggs and protein pancakes, so hopefully you’ll appreciate this breakfast pizza. It uses Simple Mills Pizza Crust, which can be found in your local health food store or here on Amazon: Simple Mills Pizza Crust.
The accompanying sauce is a simple white sauce with just four ingredients. I don’t know about you, but tomato sauce for breakfast pizza just seems weird to me. Maybe I’ll play around with that later.
Recipe Modifications – For Gestational Diabetes Mama’s
The toppings are totally up to you. The only “recipe” in this pizza is the sauce, which is quite rich. I used heavy whipping cream, but you can use Half & Half, or even just switch out a couple of tablespoons for water. If you tone it down with water, add maybe a tablespoon more cheese to compensate for the thickening of the sauce. Especially if you’re experiencing nausea, you probably want to tone down the richness.
Piggy-backing off of that, I 100% recommend red/purple onion as one of the toppings. It offers a bite that contrasts the richness of the sauce nicely! You may have found other pizza crusts that work well for you, but I suggest not using them for breakfast unless you look up the glycemic index for each ingredient. Breakfast sets the tone for the day, both in eating habits and blood sugar regulation, so you should be as safe as possible. That’s why I recommend this crust. I’m sure that there are other crusts similar to Simple Mills, but I haven’t tried them so I’m recommending what I know.
Quick Note – My Favorite Kitchen Tool
The garlic press! I use fresh garlic ONLY because I have a garlic press. I chopped garlic in school every stinking day and I smelled like it for months after I graduated, seriously! Then, my mom, who has every kitchen gadget ever made, showed me her garlic press. I was ridiculously amazed and excited. I didn’t have to peel or chop the garlic, or clean the tool! It is, by far, my favorite kitchen tool and I think that everyone should have one. Why? Fresh garlic adds SO much to your food, but chopping it is no fun. Plus, it lasts forever as long as you store it in a cool, dry place like the pantry. Buying the jarred minced garlic is NOT the same! A good quality press will cost around $10 minimum. I paid $14 for my self-cleaning one. You might not be as excited as I was, but get one on your next grocery trip, or here at Amazon: Garlic Press. You’ll thank me.
Fast Food Series
Pin this for later!
Keto Breakfast Pizza
Pizza Crust – Special Ingredient
- 1 box Simple Mills Pizza Dough Almond Flour Mix Found at health food stores or click the name to order
- 1 each Garlic Clove
- 1/2 c Heavy Whipping Cream sub Half & Half
- 1/3 c Pamesean or Asiago Cheese grated
- 1/2 t Dried Oregano
- 2 oz Breakfast Sausage or Bacon
- Red Onion Highly suggest, to cut the richness of the sauce
- Toppings of choice
- If this pizza is just for you, only make half (or less) of the mix because the whole box makes 2 8inch crusts. Mix per the directions on the box. Spread it to 1/4-1/2 inch thick. Bake for 10 mins.
- While the crust is in the oven, thinly slice your toppings and start the sauce.Slice toppings thinly so they cook quickly; no more than 1/4 inch thick.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat. When hot, cook the sausage about halfway. Remove and set aside.If you want crispy bacon, cook fully and set aside.
- Drain the grease and add the garlic. It takes only a few seconds to become fragrant.
- Next, add the heavy whipping cream, cheese and oregano.
- Turn the heat on high until it begins to boil, then immediately adjust the heat to minimum temperature. The sauce will thicken.
Assemble the Pizza
- Spread the sauce on the pizza and add the toppings. Bake for remaining 10 mins. ORIf you want a completely crispy crust, wait to add the sauce when it’s done baking. For the crispy bacon, add it on top of the pizza when the pizza has finished baking.
2. To eat as leftovers, microwave for 20 seconds, then place in a hot skillet on high heat. Cook for 1 minute so the crust will crisp. The nutrition infomation includes 1 slice of pizza crust with sauce. All other toppings must be factored in. Equipment: 8 inch or smaller Baking Dish, 1 medium sized Skillet, 1 medium sized Bowl