At 16 carbs and 7g of protein, you can indulge without the guilt! AAANNNDD this batter makes cookies too!
I topped these cupcakes with in-season strawberries, and guess what, I didn’t miss the icing! I know you probably miss the buttercream, but other options for frosting are CoolWhip, ReddiWhip or cream cheese frosting. CoolWhip and ReddiWhip are convenient and come in different flavors! Cream cheese frosting, on the other hand, you’ll have to make, and you’ll need to replace the sugar with a zero-glycemic sweetener.
These cupcakes are made with sugar because that’s most common, but if you change out the sugar for a low-glycemic one, it brings them under 15 carbs each. And to me that sounds like you can sneak one in with breakfast. 🤷♀️
Variations: Add extracts, spices or zests for different flavors! Something like cherry extract, cinnamon, orange zest, etc. To make Keto or Paleo, make the butter grass-fed and switch the sweetener to your preference.
Did you see last week’s Tropical Treat? 🤤
Cook Time: 25 mins (15 mins on hand)
2 Tbsps Butter (softened)
3 Tbsps Sugar
1 t Vanilla Extract
¾ c Finely Ground, Blanched Almond Flour
⅛ t Baking Soda
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F.
2. Beat butter and sugar together until well combined; about 2 mins.
3. Add egg and vanilla and beat until well combined and airy; about 4 mins, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
4. In a separate bowl, mix almond flour and baking soda together.
5. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Beat the mixture until just combined; 20-30 secs. The batter will be thick.
6. Place the cupcake liners into the pan and spoon the batter into the liners. Fill each ¾ full.
7. Bake for 9-10 mins for a gooey center and eat immediately. Best with a scoop of ice cream! Bake 13 mins for a complete bake and let cool completely.
Cookies – This batter makes cookies too! Drop them by the tablespoon and bake for 10 mins. Makes 12, making a serving size 3 cookies each.