Sometimes planning fails and you need to be confident about making choices for the gestational diabetes diet while out and about. Here’s how to eat at Wendy’s!
This series continues to be the most popular content on this site so here’s another favorite. Our standard for menu items to make the list will continue to be 30g of carbs, give or take, based on the protein to fat to carb ratio.
Gestational Diabetes Wendy’s
The Wendy’s menu is easy enough to navigate, but the one critique is that summarized nutrition info doesn’t include carbs. You have to click on the drop down to get carb info, which is weird especially because of the “macros” trend. Not a big deal, just noting it.
- Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger – 25g
- Jr. Cheese Deluxe – 27g
- Jr. Cheeseburger – 26g
- Jr. Hamburger – 25g
- Double Stack – 26g
All other burgers are right around the 40g mark, and this comes from the bun and condiments. Throw away half of the bun on these and you’ll be below 30g for sure.
- The 2 grilled chicken sandwiches and the smaller fried chicken sandwiches are in the 30s.
- The large fried chicken sandwiches are 50g and above.
Nuggets and Strips
- Nuggets are a good deal. The 4-piece is 10g and the 6-piece is 14g, then factor in the sauce if you’re a dipper.
- Strips aren’t as good, but still come in under the mark: 3-piece is 22g and 4-piece is 29g.
- Grilled Chicken – 24g
- Spicy Chicken – 30g
Keep in mind that these are while flour tortillas which means that they are all fast-processing carbs with no nutritional value.
These carbs account for all items that come with the salad, including the paired dressing.
- Garden Side – 18g
- Caesar Side – 19g
- Southwest Avocado Chicken – 18g
- Spicy Chicken Caesar – 44g
- Harvest – 47g
- Apple Pecan Chicken – 52g
- Taco – 63g
The full-sized salads can also be ordered in half-size, but that doesn’t necessarily mean half the carbs.
- Small Chili – 16g
- Large Chili – 23g
- Junior French Fry – 30g (Remember to never eat naked carbs! Always eat protein and/or fat with carbs.)
Drinks (size small)
- Skinny Vanilla Iced Coffee – 6g for small and 14g for medium
- 1% Milk – 10g
- Black Coffee and Hot Tea – 0g
- Unsweetened Iced Tea – 1g
- Unsweetened Strawberry Iced Tea – 11g
- Minute Maid Light Lemonade – 1 g
- Honest Tropical Green Tea – 14g
All of the breakfast items were pretty close to 30g or over, so I didn’t include them since most allowances for breakfast are 15g of carbs. If you do order breakfast, I think it’d be safest to remove one of the buns, and order it with egg to up the protein and fat.
These are honorable mentions because they are not satiating items but can be paired with other low/no carb items.
- The junior sizes are 32g for the Vanilla and 33g for the chocolate.
- Small Mocha Iced Coffee – 28g
- Small Caramel Iced Coffee – 26g
- Small Vanilla Iced Coffee – 28g
- 1% Chocolate Milk – 26g