Gestational diabetes as a vegetarian or vegan can be particularly challenging, so Leslee offers her expertise & insight.
Some of the links on this page may be affiliate links. I appreciate your support!
Have you heard
Episode 7 – Gestational Diabetes as a Vegetarian
Leslee Flannery is a registered dietitian who has spent the majority of her career helping pregnant mama’s navigate gestational diabetes.
What We Talked About
- 1:05 – Leslee’s practice and closing the gap in gestational diabetic care
- 4:53 – Food as a vegetarian today as compared to earlier days
- 7:19 – Challenges as a vegetarian with gestational diabetes
- 8:19 – Remaining diet controlled as a vegetarian or vegan gestational diabetic IS POSSIBLE!
- 10:10 – Nutrients that may be lacking in vegetarianism and veganism during pregnancy
- 11:06 – Nutritional Yeast – a nutrient powerhouse
- 13:16 – Increased protein and iron requirements in pregnancy, and best food sources
- 15:49 – Nutrient rich food recommendations for pregnancy
- 17:58 – Knowing your carbs
- 22:40 – Listen to yourself, not diet culture
Mentioned in the Episode
If you need ideas for recipes or want to try new things, check out the vegetarian recipe book below. Tap the link for details!
3 Ways to Help a Mother Out
1. Spread the Word
Click the outside arrow in the upper right hand corner of the player to share.
3. Leave a Review
Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful. Please take a moment to rate and review here down at the very bottom of the episode.