Gestational diabetes as a vegetarian or vegan can be particularly challenging, so Leslee offers her expertise & insight.
Some of the links on this page may be affiliate links. I appreciate your support!
Have you heard
Episode 7 - Gestational Diabetes as a Vegetarian
Leslee Flannery is a registered dietitian who has spent the majority of her career helping pregnant mama's navigate gestational diabetes.
What We Talked About
- 1:05 - Leslee's practice and closing the gap in gestational diabetic care
- 4:53 - Food as a vegetarian today as compared to earlier days
- 7:19 - Challenges as a vegetarian with gestational diabetes
- 8:19 - Remaining diet controlled as a vegetarian or vegan gestational diabetic IS POSSIBLE!
- 10:10 - Nutrients that may be lacking in vegetarianism and veganism during pregnancy
- 11:06 - Nutritional Yeast - a nutrient powerhouse
- 13:16 - Increased protein and iron requirements in pregnancy, and best food sources
- 15:49 - Nutrient rich food recommendations for pregnancy
- 17:58 - Knowing your carbs
- 22:40 - Listen to yourself, not diet culture
Mentioned in the Episode
-- Leslee's instagram - gestational.diabetes.nutrition
-- Currently Leslee's favorite snack - Hippeas
3 Ways to Help a Mother Out
1. Spread the Word
Click the outside arrow in the upper right hand corner of the player to share.
To be notified when new information or a new birth story is published, subscribe on iTunes or Spotify!
3. Leave a Review
Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful. Please take a moment to rate and review here down at the very bottom of the episode.
Leave a Reply