Loaded with exciting flavors but basic ingredients, this week's meal plan is a MUST.
Some of the links on this page may be affiliate links. I appreciate your support!
Did you see Week 8?
Gestational Diabetes Meal Plans
This meal plan series is most beneficial for moms who:
-- need meal ideas.
-- don't know what to eat.
-- don't like to or have time to meal plan.
-- need a plan to fall back on when life gets hectic.
If you need guidance on how to eat to balance blood sugars, read about the gestational diabetes diet.
This meal plan has...
1. high variety.
2. a new dinner every night and leftovers for lunch.
3. quick or premade breakfasts.
4. a great variety of veggies.
5. room in the carb allowance for you to add carbs and/or adjust for intuitive eating.
A few of the recipes this week are fairly low carb, so you can double some of the sides for later - like the Moroccan Carrots - or add a carb of choice to meet your count.
Create Your Own Meal Plan
If you came here just to check things out but you like to meal plan yourself, here's a free printable to help.
Create Your Own Meal Plan printable
Portions & Shopping
Since I don't know how many people you're cooking for, you'll have to click on the recipes to get the ingredients and amounts.
Most food bloggers allow you to change the serving size on the recipe card and the ingredient amounts will adjust automatically.
-- Vegetarian Breakfast Casserole
-- Southwest Egg Casserole
Two casseroles you can make the night before and grab-and-go in the morning.
All lunches are leftovers from dinner, except Monday, but you can make it Sunday evening.
-- Greek Chicken Power Bowl
-- Salisbury Steak with Moroccan Carrots & salad or carb of choice
-- Southwest Quinoa Bake
-- Sweet Potato Chicken Curry
-- Steak with Veggie Bake
-- Pepperoni Pizza Quinoa Bake
Example Carb Choices
- Rice (any you can handle)
- Pasta (vegetable, lentil, chickpea, fortified, or other)
- Starchy Vegetables (potatoes, corn, peas, acorn squash, butternut squash, etc.)
*List is not all inclusive.
2. Nut Butter Smoothie
3. Protein Bar
4. Avocado Toast w/ Nutritional Yeast
Adjust the days to fit your schedule.
Day 1 - Sunday
1. Cook the Vegetarian Breakfast Casserole.
2. Make and assemble in portions the Greek Chicken Power Bowls.
Day 2 - Monday
Cook the Salisbury Steak and Moroccan Carrots. Add a carb of choice or double the portion of carrots. Serve with a side salad.
Optionally, make extra carrots to add to dinner on Wednesday.
Day 3 - Tuesday
Make the Southwest Quinoa Bake.
Optionally, make the leftover breakfast casserole quesadillas for tomorrow morning.
Day 4 - Wednesday
1. Cook the Sweet Potato Chicken Curry and add a carb of choice; perhaps leftover Moroccan carrots.
Bake the Southwest Egg Casserole.
Day 5 - Thursday
Cook the Steak and Veggie Bake.
Day 6 - Friday
Make the Pepperoni Pizza Quinoa Bake. Consider adding another meat or protein heavy side.
Day 7 - Saturday
1. Make the leftover southwest egg casserole quesadillas.
2. Do an inventory of what meals and snacks are left. Plan to eat them this weekend.
3. Shop for next week's meals.
Week 9 Meal Plan download
As a food safety manager, I do not recommend meal prepping only once a week due to bacterial growth.
Meal prep can be done as little as twice a week, ensuring that all food is eaten within 3 to 4 days of being prepared or cooked.
Also, no food should sit unrefrigerated for more than 2 hours once it has been prepared or cooked.
Leave a Reply