Modeled after Claim Jumper’s Jamaican Sweet Potato, this recipe hits all the notes!
The Claim Jumper Jamaican Sweet Potato stole my heart 10 years ago and I’m amazed that my palate remembered the flavors. Talk about a lasting impression!
Tip – Before you look at the ingredients and think they’re too many, mix the spices and get them out of the way, then the ingredients seem much more feasible.
I also color coded the recipe so you can easily identify pairings.
Variations – The carb to protein ratio here is good, great really, but I know some don’t count net carbs so it may be too many. So use less potato, mango or agave. Don’t leave any out completely because they really tie everything together. Agave is half the glycemic index of honey, so that’s why I chose it over honey.
Cook Time: 50 mins
4 Small Sweet Potatoes or ½ c per serving
4 Handfuls of Green Beans or amount desired
1 Small Mango (sub Pineapple)
½ c Red Bell Pepper
3 Tbsp Purple Onion
¼ c Cilantro
¼ t Onion Powder
¼ t & ⅛ t Garlic Powder
¼ t Cumin
⅛ t Paprika
⅛ t Salt
¼ t & ⅛ t Cinnamon
⅛ t Cayenne
4 Thin-sliced Chicken Breasts
2 Tbsp Butter
Splash of Oil
Pinch of Salt
Dark Agave (sub Honey)
4 Lime Wedges
1. Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Line pan w/foil. Poke potatoes a few times w/fork & place in pan. Bake 45 min or until fork pierces through.
2. Boil enough water to cover green beans. When water is at a fast boil, add green beans & boil 4-5 mins. Immediately drain and rinse thoroughly in cold water.
3. Chop mango & pepper into ¼ inch pieces. Chop onion & cilantro finely. Combine all in bowl & set aside.
4. With 10 mins remaining on potatoes, mix spices together in small bowl. Heavily season chicken. Heat skillet on medium heat. When hot, add butter & oil, then chicken. Cook about 4 mins each side, until sides are white. Remove from skillet & set on plate to rest.
5. Add green beans to hot skillet & cook 2 mins, stirring each minute. Remove from heat.
6. Place potatoes on serving plates. Cut potatoes open. Add butter & sprinkle w/salt. Cube or shred chicken & place inside potato. Top w/salsa. Sprinkle green beans w/salt. Drizzle 1Tbsp of agave over all if you can spare those carbs (they’re already included in the count). Squeeze lime over chicken.