You won’t believe how nutrient dense this guilt free Easy Keto Tiramisu is; made in just 15 minutes!
The links on this post are affiliate links and are no additional cost to you should you choose to purchase.
Why Easy Keto Tiramisu?
Psh! Why not?! Actually, I saw that ABS Pancakes has a special coupon code (DESSERT2018) going until October 31, 2018, and I had been thinking about another way to use the Cinnamon Roll mix I have. I knew that the pancakes would be a great substitute for ladyfingers, and the other ingredients wouldn’t pile on too many carbs so I went for it! I got the cream mixture from my friend LaTasha over at GustiGustos.com. Check her out and her version of a quick tiramisu.
Gestational Diabetes Diet
The ABS Pancakes mixes are protein packed and super low carb, so there’s nothing to worry about there. The other ingredients are full fat dairy, espresso and a bit of sugar. Even with real sugar, this tiramisu recipe is nutrient packed and very low carb (considering that it’s a dessert), and because the protein to carb ratio is pretty balanced, along with some fat, this dessert likely won’t spike your blood sugar.
Nothing big here except to switch out the sugar if you’re making this as a Keto-er.
Because ABS Pancakes Mixes are super healthy with amazing macro nutrients, this is by far the best gluten free, grain free, sugar free Keto tiramisu you’ll ever see!
Look at the protein, high fiber, calcium and iron (calcium and iron are normally deficient in pregnant women, even with prenatal vitamins)! They are great quantities and I don’t know anywhere else that you’ll find a tiramisu or dessert that boasts these numbers!
For expert information about nutrition during pregnancy or gestational diabetes, check out the Pregnancy Nutrition page.
Related and Popular Posts
- Keto Cinnamon Roll Mug Cake
- Keto Bread Pudding
- Pumpkin Pie Bombs
- Taco Bell
Pin this for later!
Easy Keto Tiramisu
For the Pancake Mix
- 1 Scoop ABS Pancakes Cinnamon Roll Mix
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 c Milk (or substitute)
For the Cream
- 1/4 t Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Espresso
- 4 Tbsps Mascarpone (or cream cheese)
- 1/4 c Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2-3 Tbsps Sugar
- Optional Cinnamon and Cocoa Powder for dusting
For the Pancakes
- Prepare the pancakes per the instructions on the bag. The egg and milk listed here are what the pancake instructions call for, so don’t accidentally double the egg or milk.
- Cook the pancakes a little longer to dry them out.
For the Cream Layers
- While the pancakes are cooking. Brew the espresso. The pancakes and espresso will finish about the same time. Set the pancakes aside in a single layer for them to cool.
- Begin whipping the heavy cream, mascarpone, sugar and vanilla on medium high speed. With this small amount of ingredients, it won’t take long to whip/get thick.
- When the cream is thick, add 2 teaspoons of espresso (or to taste) and whip until the cream is stiff (it’ll stand up when you pull the mixer out).
- Use the remaining espresso to pour over the pancakes directly, or briefly soak them in the espresso. You don’t want the pancakes to absorb all the liquid because they’ll be soggy and too strong in flavor.
- Lay a pancake, then layer the cream. If using cinnamon and cocoa powder, sprinkle on top of the cream. Continue to layer until done.