This hash is total comfort food that will leave you satisfied but not weighed down!
We broke away from desserts this week to bring this delicious breakfast. To see last week's Reese's Mousse, click here.
- If the butternut squash concerns you, replace ¼ c of it with cauliflower.
- Cut the fat by using less sausage or cook the sausage first and use the rendered fat instead of butter.
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 cup Butternut Squash
- 1 cup Cauliflower
- 1 Green Onion stalk
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Rosemary
- ½ cup Green Bell Peppers
- 4 Tablespoon or 2 oz Breakfast Sausage
- 2 Egg
- Peel, gut & chop squash into ½ inch cubes. Heat the skillet on medium heat. When hot, add butter & squash. The sizzle should be light, if at all. If sizzle is rapid, reduce heat so butter doesn’t burn. Cook 4-5 mins, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, rinse and chop the cauliflower into ½ inch pieces and finely chop the green onion stalk, keeping whites separate from greens.
- Add cauliflower, green onion whites & rosemary to the skillet. Cook 3 mins.
- Meanwhile, chop peppers into ½ inch pieces. Add peppers & cook 3 mins.
- Add sausage & break apart with spoon. Cook 3-4 mins. Remove from heat and plate to serve.
- Cook egg to your preference. Garnish w/green onions.