Were you told you can't eat something because of diabetes? Madalyn dispels that myth and encourages food freedom despite diabetes.
Some of the links on this page may be affiliate links. I appreciate your support!
Have you heard
Episode 5 - Keto is not a blanket diet for diabetes
Registered dietitian, Madalyn Vasquez, came to talk about food freedom and retaining yourself despite diabetes, and how there's no one size fits all approach when eating for diabetes.
Specifically, the Keto diet is marketed as being a great diet to maintain safe blood sugars for diabetes, but in Madalyn's practice she's noticed that it doesn't work for everyone.
What We Talked About
- 2:45 - Madalyn's introduction and why she shifted her focus to diabetes
- 5:05 - Still enjoying the foods you love and eating your cultural foods
- 10:05 - You are not your disease. You have more control over your health than you think.
- 12:50 - Environmental factors that affect diabetes
- 14:06 - The origin of the Keto diet and eating Keto to treat diabetes
- 16:53 - Reversing the ill-logic and first impressions of fad diets
- 19:32 - Keto is not sustainable for long term or treating diabetes because everyone is different: food freedom for your lifestyle
- 28:06 - Be gracious with yourself during this time: last words
Spread the Word
Click the outside arrow in the upper right hand corner of the player to share.
Leave a Review
Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful. Please take a moment to rate and review here down at the very bottom of the episode.
Find Madalyn on Instagram
Madalyn's handle on Instagram is diabetes.rd.
Add to the conversation - leave a comment or question below!