3 Ingredient Salmon Dinner in 10 minutes with only 17 carbs!
Some of the links on this post are affiliate links and are no additional cost to you should you choose to purchase.
Why a 3 Ingredient Salmon Dinner?
I like to shop at Sam's for my bulk items, especially diapers, wipes, eggs and salmon. Even though I have a list every time, I still walk the aisles to spot something new. Nine times out of 10 I walk out with exactly what I went for, but this time was different.
While looking for Tone's Sweet and Spicy Seasoning Blend (SORRY, this is no longer sold) I spotted their Cilantro Lime Seasoning Blend and thought I'd give it a try. Then, as I rounded the fruits and vegetables, I saw this salad mix; kale, which is nutritionally great, and it included condiments and was the fantastic price of $3-$4! In the grocery store it would've easily been $6.
Well if there's anything to motivate me to eat salad, it's a good deal (Lol, Kanye shrugs). So anyway, dinner took all of 10 minutes to make!
Gestational Diabetes Diet
Nothing to worry about here. The carbs come from the salad components.
Just the one salmon fillet and salad serving were satiating, but if you're concerned with it not being enough, add more salad.
You can use different seasoning if you want, but I suggest sticking with Mexican flavors because they paired really well with the salad's flavors.
You can pretty much add anything to the meal that you'd like because there's already a good amount of fat and protein.
- Salmon - Seafood is important in prenatal nutrition because it's the primary source iodine. Iodine is necessary for thyroid function in both you and baby and Baby's brain development. Iodine needs increase 50% during pregnancy, and many are deficient. A study from the Journal of the American Medical Association concluded that iodine deficiency is the #1 cause of preventable intellectual disabilities worldwide!
- Salmon also contains Vitamin D, Omega-3's and DHA.
- Kale - Good for Vitamin A and super rich in antioxidants.
The information above was found in Lily Nichols’ book Real Food for Gestational Diabetes.
Related and Popular Posts
- Keto Cinnamon Roll Mug Cake
- Orange Chili Salmon
- Taco Bell
3 Ingredient Salmon Dinner
- 1 each 4 oz Salmon fillet
- 1 teaspoon Tone's Coconut Lime Seasoning Blend
- 1 cup Chili Lime Crunch Salad Kit
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil or fat of choice
- Heat the skillet on a medium-high heat.
- Pack the seasoning on the salmon fillet.
- When the skillet is hot, add oil, then place salmon seasoned-side down.
- The sides of the salmon will begin to turn white. When the sides are white about halfway up, turn it over and cook for the same amount of time.
- While the salmon is cooking, plate the salad. When the salmon is done, put it on the plate and let it rest 2-3 minutes.
Thanks for your help. Just been diagnoised with diabetes
The Gestational Diabetic Chef
Hi Marie! Ugh, that's a bummer but we have to make the best of it, right? I'm glad you found this site helpful 🙂 and I hope everything goes well for you and baby.