Are you thinking about keto for postpartum? Laura helps us understand why keto may be a good option for postpartum and how to breastfeed successfully on keto.
Some of the links on this page may be affiliate links. I appreciate your support!
Have you heard
Episode 17 - Keto & breastfeeding
Are you thinking about the keto diet for postpartum? Have you heard some things to scare you away from it?
Laura's got your back! Laura Pinnick is a registered dietitian and certified breastfeeding specialist who has gone through two postpartums on the keto diet and breastfed.
She's here to let you know that it is possible to maintain the keto lifestyle AND your milk supply at the same time.
What We Talked About
- 2:50 - Laura's introduction
- 4:27 - Keto's origin and impact on various health conditions
- 6:04 - What is the keto diet?
- 6:47 - Maintaining energy levels with keto while breastfeeding
- 8:28 - Figuring out how many carbs are good for you
- 12:31 - Checking ketones to make sure you're in ketosis
- 14:32 - Benefits of the keto diet
- 15:44 - Adverse side effects of the keto diet in postpartum
- 20:30 - When should a mom in postpartum start the keto diet
- 30:15 - Carbs impact breastmilk supply
- 34:35 - Does keto affect breastmilk composition?
- 36:42 - What foods to avoid for keto
- 38:30 - Keto bloggers
- 39:26 - Variations of keto
- 41:11 - How long to stay on keto
- 45:17 - "Superfoods" to help breastmilk supply
- 47:54 - How to get started on keto in postpartum
Laura's Favorite Keto Food Blogger
3 Ways to Help a Mother Out
1. Spread the Word
Click the outside arrow in the upper right hand corner of the player to share.
3. Leave a Review
Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful. Please take a moment to rate and review here down at the very bottom of the episode.